Thursday, September 24, 2009

Old Ground

Once again working on Chaos Marines feels like a very familiar exercise to me and hopefully I think they will be a good way for me to get back into 40k. It's actually kind of funny for me to be doing the prep-work for a new Chaos army just as I had done at least eight or nine years ago... definitely it's an interesting way for me to compare the times and what has gone on in the interum. Besides any nostalgia I might feel for them, starting up with Chaos makes sense to me as I believe I am familiar with the army and how it should work (or at least previous editions of Chaos), plus I know for certain what paint scheme I am going to use. It's been really frustrating to still not be painting miniatures for the simple reason of not being able to make up my mind as to what colors to use. But with these Chaos Marines I know for certain that they will be done up in the colors of the Black Legion. Even though I've so far only assembled two Chaos Maines, the pair includes an Aspiring Champion with the metal Black Legion shoulder pad already glued into place so there is no going back on that decision. I am now committed, and I think it is a good thing if I ever hope to have a new army painted for 5th edition. Along with my assembled Chaos Lord I feel like I'm off to a good start. I plan on painting these units as I finish putting them together so hopefully it won't be too long before I can report on some actual painting progress too.

No comments:

Post a Comment