Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thank You, John!

Look at what arrived in the mail today! I would like to express my gratitude to John Lambshead of John's Toy Soldiers for sending me a copy of his novel, Lucy's Blade. John graciously awarded it to me as a prize for being the 150th follower of his excellent blog. He even took the time to include a personal inscription for which I am very appreciative. Awesome! I love books and am super excited to begin reading his work. He's previously published a number of short stories but this is his first novel and from what I've seen it looks great. Here's the teaser from the back cover:

"Sir Francis Walshingham, Queen Elizabeth's Secretary of State, was the greatest spymaster the world had ever seen. But when he asked Dr. Dee to summon a demon the result was unexpected, especially for his orphaned niece Lucy. Sir Francis' duty as her guardian was to find Lucy a suitable aristocratic husband, not to let her fight demons and witchcraft for the Queen's Secret Service. But his - and Lucy's - duty to protect Queen and country from enemies both natural and supernatural kept getting in the way. And so did all those demons...."

Now that is the way to hook a reader like me. It sounds as though John has produced something truly unique and wonderful with his writing. I can hardly wait to dive in. I'm right now working my way through The Last Pagan: Julian the Apostate and the Death of the Ancient World by Adrian Murdoch, but as soon as that's done I will next turn to Lucy's Blade. I've been reading a lot of history and non-fiction lately and so I expect John's book will be a perfect change of pace for me. I am eager to get to know John as an author and am very curious to see how he blends such disparate genres of fiction.

If anyone is interested in getting your own copy, you can find it for sale here on Amazon.

Thanks, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment