Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cry Havoc

Sorry about the lack of updates, my computer's power-cord died on me and so my access to the computer has been limited a bit. But other than a trip to visit relatives last weekend I have had some time to keep working on the Chaos Marines. I decided to skip around with the order of construction and have been putting together a squad of five Chaos Havocs for a while. I've become stuck on their backpacks and still have four more to clean and prepare. I feel like I am ready now to finish them up and so should hopefully be done in a day or so.

Fortunately the time that I have spent dithering on this step has not been entirely wasted but instead has produced a new HQ unit, my Chaos Sorcerer wearing Terminator armour. I eventually planned on removing the Chaos Lord on foot from my army in favor of one with jump pack so that he doesn't have to take up a spot in another unit's transport. I am not ready however to address the conversion work necessary for him and so thought that my Sorcerer would be a simpler project to complete. I've reworked my 1500 point army list using him as the mandatory HQ unit, which conveniently frees up that spot in one of the Rhinos and thus allows me to use two full 10-man squads of Chaos Marines. It's been a long time since I used psykers in any of my armies (well, except for Nids but that's an entirely different beast) and I don't know if I've ever had one as my sole character model. This should therefore be an interesting experiment and has also spurred some cool plans for themed objectives as well, but I'll save that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment