Sunday, April 18, 2010

Showcase: Circle Orboros


While waiting on the police after his car was broken into at AdeptiCon, DrGabe was kind enough to photograph my finished Circle Orboros guys. I'm so impressed with his camera skills that from now on the pictures I take are going to look pretty poor in comparison. Also it makes me wish I had done more painting before leaving for the con. Thanks again, Gabe... I'll come to Missouri next time I need pictures of something.

Kaya the Wildborne

Warpwolf Heavy Warbeast

Argus Light Warbeasts

Gorax Light Warbeast

Shifting Stones

Lord of the Feast

2 comments:

  1. Come on over anytime you want!
    The trick to taking good pictures is a tripod, good light, and most importantly el-coolio models like you have.

    They are almost cool enough for me to consider Warmachine/Hordes. Almost. :)

    All kidding aside, I'll probably pick up Hordes or Malifaux one of these days as there is a strong gaming group for both games locally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I appreciate the camera advice and the invite... we're talking about going cross-country this summer so maybe I'll see you before 2016 after all!

    I understand the hesitancy about jumping into the Privateer Press stuff, I went through that myself for a while. For me it was just finding the visual "wow, that's cool!" hook to make the rest fall in place. But really I still have no idea whether or not I'll enjoy actually playing the game, though I'm having a blast painting them.

    I haven't gotten into the whole creepy/campy horror vibe of Malifaux so that's keeping me away for now. There are some factions though that appeal to me so I'm sure I'll end up painting a faction or whatever at some point. Since they're so few miniatures, why not? Oh yeah, they give me nightmares... If you start playing, let me know what you think of the game itself.

    ReplyDelete