Sunday, May 24, 2009

What I'm Painting

Yesterday I resumed painting some medieval archers with longbows which I had initially begun painting approximately six months ago. Last summer I started work on an English army of the Hundred Years War for the game De Bellis Antiquitatis using the beautiful 15mm-scale HYW range by Corvus Belli. I completed my first element for the army, a base of two wild Irish kerns that would serve as my Psiloi, just before my wedding on August 20, 2008. In the fall I managed to paint another three elements (spearmen, crossbowmen, and a bombard) as well as priming the aforementioned archers and giving their skin its first coat of color. But that was all until I finally got back to it yesterday afternoon. I did some more painting today and will hopefully be getting photos up soon.

After this batch of archers is complete, this is what I will still have left to paint for my Hundred Years War English army:

3 mounted command
4 dismounted command
6 mounted men-at-arms
8 dismounted men-at-arms
18 archers with longbows
4 billmen
Camp and camp followers

I think I should be able to finish tomorrow the 4 archers that I’m currently painting and so may start prepping the billmen tonight, but even if not they should be ready to go by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment