Monday, January 18, 2010

The Cold Vacuum of Space

First off tonight I would like to announce the auspicious launching of my new blog, The Cold Vacuum of Space. I decided yesterday that I wanted a separate place for me to post material specifically related to Warhammer 40k, though I still plan on maintaining this blog just as faithfully as I have in the past however many months. I'm interested in trying to get some feedback and whatnot, as well as the potential to help contribute in my own way to the larger gaming community. I know that I could do more with diceRolla to get that type of interaction with other online nerds but right now I kind of like having a low profile. Nothing really should change around here... if anything I foresee this hopefully improving the quality and content of this journal. I plan on simply taking the more interesting and polished 40k material that I post here and transferring it to TCVoS, perhaps with some alteration or editing but I doubt much. And of course if anything cool comes about thanks to the new site, I will filter it all back here as appropriate.

The other big news is that I finally finished painting the Dreadnought! Woo-Hoo!! I just finished gluing static grass onto the base about 20 minutes ago and that was the last step. It feels really good to be done and I am very happy with how everything has turned out. If the weather cooperates tomorrow then I will get him sealed, I'll gloss the lenses, and that will be that. Nice! Still no camera though but I'll get pictures posted as soon as I can. I feel like I learned so much during the whole process of working on Brother Abraxos and at times it really challenged my skills. Even though on somethings I don't think I really got the hang of technique until I had almost finished that step, for the most part I believe I was able to get the effect for which I was aiming. All things considered, I am quite satisfied. Yeah! I don't know what is next for the Dark Angels but I do know that I will be savoring this one. So that's it for now, bye!

1 comment: