Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dreadnought WIP

I've gotten a few more nights of painting complete and I feel like I've been making good progress on the Dreadnought. The arms have slowed me a bit as I've gone back a couple of times to repaint some areas which I couldn't decide whether I wanted them colored metallic or else green. I think I've got it mostly figured out now, although I will feel more comfortable once I look again at the example Dreadnoughts pictured in Codex: Dark Angels. I started using my set of the new Games Workshop paint brushes and have been really happy with them. I don't know what it is about these brushes but it feels like the paint goes on smoother than their previous generation of brushes. Also I appreciate their increased weight and the grippy texture as it feels like I have more control when using them. I'm hoping to have the painting finished by Friday so that I can get the next unit assembled over the weekend, either Scouts or Tactical marines.

No comments:

Post a Comment