Friday, January 1, 2010

The Future Is Now

Hello, 2010! That's right, we are no longer living in the present but have officially moved into the future tense. Even though we still don't have the anticipated space colonies, jet packs, and whatever other cool futuristic things we all dreamed of as kids, we do have plastic toy soldiers to have fun with until our flying cars arrive. I might not be able to visit another planet, but I can invade one with horrible alien monsters, with the help of my minis and some imagination of course, and that's not bad!

Like probably every other blogger on Earth, I've been kicking around ideas for some New Year's Resolutions to share should anyone have interest. The main reason I've decided to do this, however, is so that I can check back on myself next year. I've never been big into the whole resolution-making thing and normally don't bother making any. The times that I have made them, however, have been invariably futile as I quickly forget whatever it was I had resolved to do. So hopefully having this record will potentially help me follow through on my goals this year as there are numerous things which I would like to accomplish. What follows then are my 10 resolutions for the year 2010. Some of them are be pretty ambitious for me, but why do this if I do not aspire to great things?

1. Paint for at least 4 hours per week, on average.
2. Complete 1000 points of Dark Angels in time for AdeptiCon.
3. Paint at least two 1500 point armies for Warhammer 40k.
4. Prepare a complete collection of terrain and scenery, consisting of the following elements: Realm of Battle Gameboard, 3 Woods, Gaming Hill, Arcane Ruins, 2 Imperial Bastions, Skyshield Landing Pad, 3 Aegis Defense Line sets, 2 Moonscape/Crater sets, Battlescape, Fortress of Redemption, and a Crashed Imperial Aquila Lander.
5. Drink more water.
6. Learn how to play either Warmachine, Hordes, or Flames of War.
7. Spend no more than $100 per month on wargaming purchases.
8. Lose 52 pounds (approximately 3.7 stone).
9. Play at least one game a month of 40k.
10. Be super sweet to my wonderful wife and baby!

Alright, so that's it for now... Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment