Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Circular Logic

I finally managed to finish the two Argus minis tonight... yeah! Painting all of the gold edges for their armor took a lot longer than I had initially expected but in the end I am quite happy with how they turned out. I need to glue some grass to their bases but otherwise they are done. Who knows when the weather will cooperate and allow me to spray them with the matte varnish, but for now I content to appreciate what I've accomplished so far. These are the first Privateer Press miniatures that I've ever painted and I definitely had a lot of fun with them. After these guys, I know I want to paint a bunch more. It's also been a strange feeling working with metal again because I've become so accustomed to the plastics available from Games Workshop. What really stands out the most to me is their weight... I love the extra heft that the metal provides. I'll get pictures up as soon as I can.

Even though I wasn't able to get the Circle Orboros Warpack painted as fast as I had hoped, I'm still want to continue with them as previously planned. But what next after this initial group? Thanks to the iBodger phone app, I have been making lots of army lists over the last couple of weeks to help me figure out what type of miniatures I should look at adding to me collection. I know I said earlier that I was just going to paint whatever appealed the most to me, but I'm really spoiled for choice as there are so many that I like. I might not know how to play the game but I have gotten a sense at least of what type of miniatures can be used to make playable armies. I'm therefore starting to collect and paint with army lists in mind in something like an escalation type of format. I'm sure I'll end up with more than these minis, but this is what I'm aiming for with which to begin my HORDES experience. So check out my first couple of Circle Orboros lists and let me know what you think:

Kaya the Wildborne (+6)
2 x Argus (8)
Feral Warpwolf (9)
Gorax (4)
TOTAL = 15 Points

Kaya the Wildborne (+6)
2 x Argus (8)
Feral Warpwolf (9)
Gorax (4)
Shifting Stones (2)
6 Tharn Bloodtrackers (5)
Lord of the Feast (3)
TOTAL = 25 Points

These two lists are based on the miniatures that I've already purchased and therefore I've already got a game-legal army underway. My goal is to have enough to field 35 to 50 points worth of Circle Orboros with maybe some extra guys as well so that I can change things up as I learn the game. I plan on collecting approximately that same size army for each of the other factions so that I can play around with them and figure out which of them I like the most. Right now though I'm content to just work on what I like with some help from my lists for guidance. What can I say? I'm a gamer and so I love making lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment