Saturday, February 20, 2010

Feral Warpwolf WIP

I decided to take Thursday off from painting after having completed work on the Argus minis, but I was then too tired to get any painting done last night. Despite a somewhat late start tonight I was able to get in a couple of hours painting time and have begun work on the Feral Warpwolf from the Circle Orboros Warpack. Once again I am quite impressed with the miniature itself and believe I'll enjoy getting him painted up. I don't want to just replicate the colors I used on the two Argus models, although I do want them all to look like they belong together. Having an army comprise of mostly a bunch of monsters does allow for more latitude than I'm used to when painting uniformed soldiers. I'm therefore looking forward to being able to vary the color scheme a little as I go along and hopefully make each character or beast look like an individual while still having them look like a cohesive group.

Just as with my previous WIP, I'm going to keep an ongoing list of the paints I use. I plan on adding to it as I make progress on the Warpwolf so that once I've finished with him I'll have a full color guide.

Basecoat: Chaos Black
Body: 6A, Devlan Mud, 6A, 6B, 6C
Shaggy Fur: Scorched Brown, Dark Flesh drybrush
Spines: 6A, 10A, 10B, 10C
Armor Plates: 41A, 41B, 41C, Thraka Green, touch up along edges of armor with 41A
Scar/Wound: Baal Red, Mechrite Red, Red Gore, Blood Red, Baal Red
Eyes: 4B, Gryphonne Sepia
Tongue: 6A, 5B, 5B and 5C mix, Ogryn Flesh
Claws: 10A, 10B, 10C, Devlan Mud
Teeth: 9A, 9B, 9C, Devlan Mud
Armor Edging: 36A, 36B, 36C, Devlan Mud
Straps: 45A, 45B, 45C, Devlan Mud
Base: watered Bestial Brown, Devlan Mud, Graveyard Earth drybrush, Kommando Khaki drybrush
Stones: 57A

No comments:

Post a Comment