Friday, March 19, 2010

Oops, WIP

AdeptiCon is officially one week away and I'm supposed to be in Chicago five days from now. Well, I just realized about twenty minutes ago that I don't have plane tickets. I had researched a bunch of options months ago, but then never got around to actually purchasing any. My wife was growing suspicious over the past several days that we had overlooked getting the tickets, and after searching around in my inbox this evening it seems that I currently do not have a way to get to the Con. But this is no time to panic, I'm sure I'll be able to work it out... it will just make things more interesting.

I'm still working away on the Lord of the Feast. He's a creepy dude and has some sort of bad mojo going on. Even though I like him a lot and think he is a cool miniature, I'm looking forward to having this one wrapped up and done. I keep finding little areas of skin that need to be painted and this has been slowing me down. Also I've made a few color mistakes and have had to go back several times to redo an area, so maybe I'm just being influenced by these delays and frustrations. Or maybe it really does have something to do with him being the embodiment of entropy as a force of nature. Who knows, perhaps I should blame the Devourer Wurm? Check out the WIP photo above to see where I'm at, meanwhile I'm still updating the Color Guide as I go along. I apologize if the picture is too dark, I'll try to get a better one in the morning to replace this one.

Regardless of whatever voodoo he might be working on me, I've got more painting to do. I expect to finish him up in a day or so. After that, I'm not too sure what to do. I'm starting to get the itch to paint something 40kish in anticipation of AdeptiCon. I should address that Chaos Sorcerer if only as an exercise in painting discipline. There are just so many other things I would rather work on, and right now there's not a whole lot of time left. It would nice to at least get the Tharn Bloodtrackers assembled, or perhaps some of the Minions that I plan on taking with me to AdeptiCon. Oh yeah, and there's the matter of actually getting to Chicago... nope, I do not want to forget that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment