Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shifting Stones WIP

I finished up the Gorax last night and thanks to some great weather, I was able to get him sealed earlier today as well. This means I now have a fully painted 15-point army for Hordes! I know that 15 points isn't much, in this case being just one extra warbeast added to the Circle Orboros Warpack box, but I am proud of the accomplishment regardless of its scale. I just realized however that I don't have any pictures of the completed miniatures posted here, so that all I've shown off have been WIP shots. Fortunately I am still working on a solution and hope to have some showcase photos added in the coming week. It turns out there is an internet cafe even on my rural island and so I plan on going there to do all of the uploading necessary to launch a picture gallery... my internet is just too slow for me to do it from home.

Having gotten to this point with my Circle Orboros collection, I feel it is now time to begin painting some units. It's been fun painting the individual miniatures, but I am now ready to branch out into new territory for a different experience. The first unit I'm painting is a batch of Shifting Stones, which are pictured above in the WIP photograph. I anticipated them being a fairly easy project and one I could get through quickly. I got them assembled and primed today while the baby was sleeping and had thought I might be able to take them from out of the packaging to completion in the span of a single day. Although I stopped painting tonight with them incomplete, I'm still pretty sure that another day of work should see them finished. Considering my usual pace, I would certainly be happy about getting a unit done over the course of a weekend.

As per my now standard practice, I have listed below the colors that I am using in painting the Shifting Stones so as to help me keep track of them.

Basecoat: Chaos Black
Plinth: 34B, 34C, 57B
Relief: 41A, 41B, 41C, 2 parts 41C mixed with 1 part 2B, Thraka Green, touchups with 41B
Plants: Knarloc Green, Ogryn Flesh, 28B, 28C
Stones: 57A, 57B, 57C
Skull: Bestial Brown, Devlan Mud, 9A, 9B, 9C
Base: Bestial Brown, Devlan Mud, Graveyard Earth drybrush, Kommando Khaki drybrush
Base Lip: 34A

No comments:

Post a Comment