Monday, June 8, 2009

It Could Be Good

Today I read the first 50 pages of the Field of Glory rulebook. So far I'm surprised by how much more I'm enjoying the book this time around and the rules system is genuinely intriguing. Although I haven't gotten to the combat mechanics, it seems to me that FoG may be the game that I had wanted DBM to be. I think it could be a lot of fun but I'm still not sure if I would want to commit myself to collecting these sized armies. However I can see how the collecting and army lists aspects of the game appeal to that area of wargaming that has so occupied me in the past with Warhammer and WH40K. If FoG helps permanently wean me off of Games Workshop then I think that would be a significant net positive.

I was on duty as parent for much of the day and the baby was intent on having lots of fun time with daddy. There's not much painting to report although I did get the base skin tone completed on the billmen. If I have extra time tomorrow I'd rather read more of the FoG book so I don't expect to do much painting, but of course I never seem to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment