Thursday, June 4, 2009

My New Approach

This morning I was able to paint for what seemed like quite a long time uninterrupted, maybe around two hours or so. All that time I spent putting more color on the 25mm guy, but I now don’t think I’m going to continue with it any longer. I’m really not feeling the paint scheme and some of the detailed areas appear to be disappearing under too much paint. I still want to make a Barker Marker for my HYW army but I have decided that I can come up with something better than this.

As for the HYW English, I started work on those mold lines earlier tonight and was able to clean two of the four billmen before dinner. I imagine I should be able to get the other two prepped without too much trouble and (weather permitting) spray on the primer as well. In the past I think one of the things that kept me from being able to paint as much as I would have liked was preparation fatigue. My custom was to do all preparation work that I could for an entire army of figures in one go before I would be willing to start painting them. By the time I was finally ready to paint, far too often I was already burned out on the whole project. It was all that time cleaning off the mold lines… Agghhh!!! MOLD LINES!!!

Whoa, sorry about that. I’m alright now.

Okay, so I just wanted to say that I’m trying a different approach with this current army that I’m painting. I’m not doing any prep work on the figures until I am ready to paint them. I like the results so far as I’m getting to paint without sacrificing anymore of my sanity in the process by spending days on end scraping and filing. Also I don’t know if this will make it easier or not to dabble in side projects but I’m hopeful about that too. Whatever the case may be, I’m painting now and having fun so I must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment