Tuesday, August 16, 2011

250th Post and Some Evil Dead

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to write on either of the topics I had in mind for tonight's Warhammer posting. We had a surprise visit from family today and will now be entertaining house guests for the next few days. This was a very happy surprise for us but it has curtailed somewhat the time I have available for blogging this evening. What I had planned on writing about can certainly wait another week so it doesn't seem sensible to rush through either of them.

This does however happen to be my 250th post for this blog, and I am not above taking the easy way out. Therefore tonight diceRolla is celebrating having reached an entirely arbitrary and meaningless posting milestone. Hooray for blogging! Hooray for me! Woo-hoo! I believe this is the first of these of which I have taken note and mentioned, so please forgive the gratuitous nature of my self-congratulation. It's taken diceRolla some 30 months to arrive at this point and it seems like a long time coming. So… ta da!

It wouldn't feel right, however, to mark such an important accomplishment [snicker, snicker] without anything at all related to our shared interest in the world of gaming. I thus went digging through my photo albums in search of something that would be appropriate. Here then is what I found for such a solemn occasion:

This... is my BOOMSTICK!

This photograph is from one of the team 40k tournament games I played in earlier this year at Adepticon. In the first round our team was matched against a group of guys from Florida called Skull-N-Bonz who had brought to the event an alliance of Imperial Guard and Nurgle-based Chaos Marines. You can probably tell from the picture that what really made their armies outstanding was that they were all themed around one of my favorite movies, Army of Darkness. The miniature version of Ash pictured above was used as a counts-as Colonel 'Iron Hand' Straken for one of their Guard armies. I was playing on the adjacent table and so did not get the chance to go up against Colonel Ash myself, though I did enjoy watching him chew his way through a big group of Space Wolves. I tip my hat to the Skull-N-Bonz crew for bringing such a fun army to the tournament and for being an awesome group of competitors, too. Well done, guys!

Lastly I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the fantastic people who have been reading my blog, however long that happens to have been. It's been a blast getting to share with you my experiences with this hobby and I greatly appreciate you providing me with such an opportunity. Thanks for sticking with me!

Goodnight, everybody. And remember… shop smart, shop S-Mart. :)

8 comments:

  1. Well done. It may be arbitrary and meaningless, but it doesn't feel that way here. We should thank you for blogging - thank you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to blogging, "arbitrary and meaningless" are kind of arbitrary and meaningless terms! Seriously though, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 250!

    "Hail to the King, Baby!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Porky - Why thank you so much, Porky, that is very kind of you. Take care, my friend!

    @ The Angry Lurker - Thank you, sir!

    @ Tim Shorts - Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

    @ Mik - Haha, excellent point... thanks, Mik!

    @ slipwing - Right on, thank you slipwing. :)

    @ Thor - Thank you, Thor, best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats for the insane amount of awesomeness you have posted yet! And also for all the next entries you're going to post! Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I'm grateful to be able to share in the fun with great people like yourself. Thank you very much, Nesbet!

    ReplyDelete