Saturday, August 13, 2011

Diogenes Class Frigates WIP

Today I started painting my first models for Dystopian Wars, beginning with a squadron of CoA Diogenes Class Frigates. Initially I'd planned on trying out a different color scheme on each of the three ships in the squadron. I really liked the first paint scheme that I tried however and so I proceeded to paint all the ships the same way. There are some more details left to work on and a few areas that I need to clean up, but otherwise they're close to being finished. What you see in the pictures is a good indication of the look that I'm going for with my Covenant of Antarctica fleet.

I'm really pleased with how these three Frigate have turned out so far and they've been fun to paint as well. Another nice thing is that the color scheme was very easy to do as most of the work happens in the priming stage. I may have to modify my approach somewhat when it comes to painting the bigger ships, but for now it's encouraging to think that I might be able to finish this fleet fairly quickly. The Frigates are indeed rather simple models so perhaps I shouldn't expect to much at this point, but I can be optimistic at least.

Dystopian Wars is another game that I am quite excited about playing and I expect that will help keep me motivated to paint my ships. After today's experience however I don't thick motivation will be a problem when it comes to getting my fleet painted. I look forward to finishing this first squadron so that I can promptly begin work on the next set of ships. Thus far I'm really encouraged about this game and am happy that I decided to take a closer look at it.

Okay, that's it for now... time for more painting. Goodnight!

7 comments:

  1. These look great chief, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good dicerolla! DW is a brilliant game isn't it? I've not been able to play against the covenant yet though so I'm not sure what to make of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Musings of a Smurf! I'm totally hooked on DW now and am really excited to become more deeply involved with it. Reading your coverage about the game was actually one of the main influences on my decision to give the game a look and try it out for myself. Thank you very much for that as I am really enjoying my time with these CoA ships. Once you get a chance to play against them, let me know if you figure out any tips or insight on how I might get the most out of my Covenant fleet. Thanks, MoaS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey no worries. I'm glad to be of service. I need to write a good article again to kick the blog back into life. The CoA may be a good place to start. Keep on blogging! And i'm loving the new direction, gives me plenty to read on my lunch break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right on, thanks! It's great to know that you're enjoying the new blogging format, I really appreciate that. Best wishes to you, Smurf! I hope the new lifestyle is treating you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little frigates! The "rusted iron" look has come out really well.
    COA has excellent minis. I hope to pictures of mine posted soon.

    ReplyDelete